49th Annual Broncbuster Rodeo is being held in the Broncbuster Horse Palace down by the fairgrounds.
Performances are Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday (Short Go) at 1:30 p.m. April 1,2,3: 2016
Slack will be held at 10:00 a.m. Friday and 9:00 a.m. Saturday
GCCC Faculty, Staff, and Students are free with their GCCC ID.
The Central Plains Region also has a few contestants who will be competing here at our Rodeo who are also currently in the Top 15 in the World Standings of the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. Jacob Edler from Northwestern Oklahoma State university in the Steer Wrestling, Clay Elliott from Nanton, Alberta who is going to school at Oklahoma Panhandle State University competing in the Saddle Bronc Riding, Bryson Sechrist from Apache, Ok. representing Northwestern Ok. State University in the Tie Down Roping.
The Top two Mens and Womens teams in the Region will each qualify to go to the CNFR. The Top three students in each event will qualify to go in each individual event. You can check out our standings by going to www.collegerodeo.com and pulling up Central Plains Region.
49th Annual Garden City Community College Rodeo
Rodeo Dates: April 1, 2, 3; 2016
Performance and Slack Times:
- Friday Apr. 1st – 10:00 a.m. Slack (TD, BK, SW, GT, TR, Barrels)
- Friday Apr. 1st – 7:30 p.m. Performance
- Saturday Apr. 2nd – 9:00 a.m. Slack (BR, TD, BK, SW, GT, TR, Barrels)
- Saturday Apr. 2nd – 7:30 p.m. Performance
Official Order of slack will be sent to schools with callbacks and posted at the Rodeo.
Sunday Apr. 3rd – 1:30 p.m. Short –Go Performance
Rodeo Grounds: G.C.C.C. BRONCBUSTER HORSE PALACE ARENA
Entry Deadline: 1:00 p.m. Thursday, March 24
E-mail entries to Vickie Shireman firstname.lastname@example.org
Draw Outs: Tuesday, March 29th, by 9:00 p.m. 580-225-3917
Call Backs: Wednesday March 30th (e-mailed to coaches)
Trades must be completed by 9:00 p.m. Wednesday Night
Entry Fees: $40/ Event
Stock / Timer Charge: $10/Barrels & TR
$15/ BB, SB, BR, TD, SW, BK, GT
Office Charge: $5/ Contestant
Regional Directors' Fee: $1/ Contestant
Regional Award Fee: $4/ Contestant
Stock Contractor: Medicine River Rodeo
Announcer: Scott Fry
Bull Fighters: Alex Phelps, Dustin Glaze
Awards: Maynard Event, All-Around, and Team Champion buckles will be awarded.
Dance: Time Out Sports Bar & Restaurant - (Friday and Saturday Nights)
Church Service: Sunday Morning at 10:00 AM – Grandstands
Please Support the following businesses that support our rodeo!!
Look in our Complimentary Rodeo Program for Coupons and specials at each Business.
Coaches- please pass this information along to your students and encourage them to make their parents and friends aware of these fine sponsors!!!!!! Thank You !!!!!!!
Ask for a Rodeo Rate at all Motels, and encourage any friends or family to make sure the Motels understand that you are here for the Rodeo.
Holiday Inn Express (2502 East Kansas Ave.) 620-275-5900
AmericInn (3020 East Kansas Ave.) 620-272-9860 or 800-497-0971
Clarion Inn. (1911 East Kansas Ave.) 620-275-7471 or 800-875-5201
Sleep Inn & Suites (1931 E. Kansas Plaza) 620-805-6535
TownePlace Suites by Marriott (3510 East Kansas Ave) 620-805-6717
Comfort Inn (Still Negotiating) 620-275-5800
Jax's Sports Grille (Good Eats and Great Sponsor) North Campus Ave. & East Mary
Freddy's Steakburgers (Just like the one in Hays) 3112 E. Kansas Ave. (Across from Wal-Mart)
Mooyah Burgers (You REALLY have to try this.) 2204 E. Kansas Ave. Suite 1 (Strip Mall behind Lone Star)
Planks Bar B-Q (Good Food and Great Sponsor) 912 East Fulton St.
El Conquistador Mexican Food West Kansas Ave. ( 1601 Jones Ave)
Time Out Sports Bar & Restaurant Taylor Ave.
McDonalds (two locations) 1613 E. Kansas Ave. and Five Points "Malfunction Junction"
Pizza Hut (2 Locations) Kansas Ave. and Taylor Ave. "North of 5 points and Time Out"
Hannah's Corner Several Blocks North of 5 points "Great Local Diner"
Samy's Spirits & Steakhouse (Inside the Clarion Inn.) 1911 E. Kansas Ave.
Crazy House and C Bar H --- Campus Ave. and HWY 50 By-Pass (North of Jax's Sports Grille)
Baker Boot Co. 211 West Kansas Ave.
Veterinarians: Animal Hospital – E. HWY 50 & Campus Dr. – 620-275-9228
Metzen Veterinary Services – 301 S. Main St. – 620-805-5028
Haircuts: MJ's Barbershop (Dedra Koehn) shop 620-805-6534, Cell 913-645-7963
Stalls: Please call ahead of time for stalls.
To Reserve a Covered Stall or Electric Hookup call the Finney County Fairgrounds at 888-876-3844. Otherwise, stalls will only be available for booking from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM on the Thursday and Friday of the rodeo at the fairgrounds office.
Stalls $40/Weekend, Hookups $30 Make checks payable to Finney County Treasurer.
Advance Reservations have to be pre-paid and are Non Refundable.
GROUND RULES: I hope that all coaches will cooperate with me in getting this information to your students. (Especially the parking areas for horse trailers)
- All trailers MUST be parked around the big OUTDOOR Arena (across the street to the east of the indoor).
- NO TRAILER PARKING in any flagged off areas including the south side of the indoor and the parking lot east of the indoor.
- Barrel racers and Goat tiers will enter and exit on the run from the alley at the east end of the arena.
- There will be a hand rake after every 5 Barrel Racers, and a Tractor Drag after 10.
- If more than 10 Barrel Racers qualify for the short-go, a hand rake will be performed after 5, and 10 contestants.
- Contestants need to use the SW and NE doors during the performances.
- Contestants must show Wristbands to get in the building.
- No Contestants are allowed in the main grandstand during any performances.
- One wristband will be issued to each contestant; replacements will cost $20 each.
- NO dogs allowed in the building.
- A coin toss will settle any ties for awards.
- No horses allowed in the arena before or after any performance or slack.
- NO horses are to be tied under any of the covered barns on the fairgrounds or in the GCCC runs south of the indoor arena.
- Do not stall any horses in any of the pens surrounding the Big Outdoor Arena. Fairgrounds personnel will likely charge you more than they are worth.
- Do not tie horses to any of the Chain Link fence around the Fairgrounds.